The Dongzhi Festival (冬至) or Winter Solstice Festival is one of the most important festival celebrated by the Chinese.
Traditionally, the Dongzhi Festival is also a time for the family to get together. One activity that occurs during this festival is the making and eating of glutinous rice balls / Tang Yuan (湯圓), which symbolize reunion.
What kind of glutinous rice balls do you plan to make this winter solstice? We have some innovative and creative ways to do it! Let’s try it out on this winter solstice!
How to cook a glutinous rice balls?
The method of making glutinous rice balls may seem simple, but it is not as easy as imagined. If you are not careful, it will become a pot of lumpy soup. Here are tips for making glutinous rice balls:
- Boil the water and put the glutinous rice balls into the pot,
- Stir a few times, so that the glutinous rice balls do not stick on the pot.
- When the water boils again, scoop the glutinous rice balls out of the pot, soak them in cold water for a while, let them cool.
- Put the glutinous rice ball back to the boiling water after cooling down and switch to slow cooking.
- The glutinous rice ball will be ready when they floats on the surface.
Innovative and Creative Ways of Eating Glutinous Rice Balls
Still cooking your Tang Yuan with Pandan sugar water?? We recommend new varieties of Tang Yuan to you!!
|Peanut Soup Tang Yuan||Black Sesame Paste Tang Yuan||Soya Paste Tang Yuan|
|Hakka Style Tang Yuan||Red Bean Paste Tang Yuan||Red Date Longan Tang Yuan|
|Fruit Tang Yuan||Sweet Pumpkin Soup Tang Yuan||Ginger Tea Tang Yuan|
Visit our Tang Yuan Collection NOW!!!
⭐️ Order today and get tomorrow,
Or schedule your deliveries on different days 👍🏻
💫 Log on to our website for more info and about delivery service.